It is illegal for women to go topless in most cities, yet you can buy a magazine of a woman without her top on at any 7-11 store. So, you can sell breasts, but you cannot wear breasts, in America.
thelamegoat asked: Do you have any recommendations for literature featuring angels?
Alright, so, I’ll assume you’re familiar with the biblical accounts of angels, e.g. Daniel 8, 10; 2 Peter 2, Jude 1, Revelation 4, 14, 19; Luke 1 & 2; Acts 10, 12, &c. For Islamic depictions of angels see the Qur’an verses here and here.
biblical / orthodox
- John Milton, Paradise Lost
- Ted Chiang, Hell is the Absence of God [pdf]
- C.S. Lewis, The Space Trilogy
subversions & transformations
- Philip Pullman, His Dark Materials
- Gabriel Garcia Marquez, “A Very Old Man With Enormous Wings”
- David Almond, Skellig
- Karl Ove Knausgaard, A Time For Everything
- Arturo Perez-Reverte, The Club Dumas
- Etgar Keret, “Hole in the Wall”
- Penelope Fitzgerald, The Gate of Angels
- Neil Gaiman, “Murder Mysteries” [pdf] in Smoke & Mirrors
- Robertson Davies, What’s Bred In The Bone
- Madeleine L’Engle, A Wind In The Door & Many Waters
- Steven Brust, To Reign In Hell
- Donald Barthelme, “On Angels”
- Mike Carey, Lucifer [graphic novel, 11 volumes]
- Honore de Balzac, Seraphita [pdf]
comedy & satire
In its majestic equality, the law forbids rich and poor alike to sleep under bridges, beg in the streets and steal loaves of bread.
- I'm smart
- Well you're probably ugly then
- I'm creative
- You mean unattractive right?
- I have all these incredible accomplishments
- Yeah but look how ugly you looked doing them
- I have value
- Not if you're ugly lol
- I'm conventionally-attractive & posted selfies on my blog
- I'm so sick of these empty-headed chicks only caring about their looks. Just because you are attractive and get attention from men doesn't mean you are special or deserve respect. Why don't you read a book or do something productive with your life you dumb slut